Your Healthcare Nerve Centre
What is a medium peel and why is it done?
A medium peel is a cosmetic non-surgical procedure done to
- revitalize lifeless skin
- brighten complexion
- eliminate fine wrinkles
- fade brown spots and other discoloration
- make pores appear smaller and
- smoothen the skin surface.
by peeling away the skin’s top layers.
It can be performed on the neck, chest, hands, back, arms and legs using the same technique as for the face
How is a medium peel done?
- The skin is thoroughly cleaned by rubbing alcohol or acetone to remove any traces of grease.
- The TCA solution is applied to the area to be treated (avoiding the eyes, brows and lips) using sponge, cotton pad, swab or brush.
- After the peel solution has worked on the skin, it is neutralised with water
- Cool compresses and fans can be used to cool the stinging and burning caused by the chemical