Your Healthcare Nerve Centre
Why is face lift surgery done?
Face lift surgery is a cosmetic procedure done to repair visible damage done by ageing to the skin, fat or muscles on the face. The surgery helps to restore a younger appearance and can be done along with other facial cosmetic procedures such as nose reshaping, eyelid surgery or forehead lift.
How is face lift surgery done?
- Incisions are made above the hairline at the temples, behind the earlobe to the lower scalp after which the skin is separated from the muscle and fat below.
- Fat is trimmed or suctioned from around the neck to improve the contour.
- The underlying muscle and membrane is then tightened, the skin pulled back and excess skin removed.
- Incisions are closed, metal clips being used for the purpose on the scalp
- The head may be bandaged to minimize bruising and swelling.